Stephan, your skipper
Throughout your sailing vacation, Stephan will be at your side to show you and share with you his love of sailing. Also pedagogical and available at all times, it will be his pleasure to introduce you to the maneuvers, navigation, map reading and positioning on the water by traditional means.
Stephan is also a graduated Yacht Designer. If you want to get deeper into the Aerodynamics and hydrodynamics of sailing and all design and technical aspects, he will be happy to explain it to you.
The program and the type of sailing are adapted to the group, so that everyone can enjoy it. Because, finally, what matters is to appreciate every moment and to be immersed in this magnificent universe that is the sea and to share it with your loved one.
Its motto : To live every moment in full consciousness
45 years of sailing experience
2011 up to date
Sail & Discover, co-founder and skipper
Skipper and manager of custom sailing vacations with monohulls and catamarans from 36 to 51 feet
From 1980 to 2011
Swiss national 6 Meter IC racing and championships (Number one). Lake Geneva races with own sailing yacht Gib Sea Plus (Quarter ton) and Surprise (Archambault). Many participation to the Bol d’Or.
From 1983 to 2009
Several weeks a year of cruising as a captain with different crafts in the Aegean Sea, Ionian Sea, Adriatic Sea, Atlantic Ocean, Baltic Sea, North Sea, Caribbean Sea
Atlantic crossing and six-month sailing with Silk, First Class 10 (1986 – Class winner of the Two-star Carlsberg North Atlantic race)
Started dingy (420, 470, 505) sailing at the age of 15
Diplomas & licenses
- Yacht and Powercraft Design BEng. (Hons)
Solent University, Southampton – UK
- Swiss Certificate of competence for ocean yachting (1983)
Cruising Club of Switzerland
- Interior water license since 1976
Office fédéral de la navigation suisse
- Short range certificate (VHF)
The role of the skipper
- Planning the entire route to destination
- Navigation and manoeuvres
- To know how to operate and maintain all equipment on board
- Ensure the safety of the crew and the seaworthiness of the vessel
- Management of the vessel in all respects
- Compliance with maritime regulations and laws